The Food and Beverage department within The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel is looking for a Bar Manager to provide our guests with outstanding customer service in the Terrace Bar.
The Chesterfield Mayfair is a Chic four star Boutique Hotel in the heart of Mayfair, consisting of 107 bedrooms, 7 meeting rooms, the Butlers Restaurant, the Terrace Bar and Conservatory, where we are offering our guests a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere.
The Food and Beverage department is looking for a dynamic Bar Manager to provide our guests with outstanding customer service.
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, the Bar Manager will co-ordinate food and beverage operations within the bar area of the hotel. You will be responsible for a team of approximately 6 team members.
Key responsibilities of the Bar Manager will include:
• Training and development of the team
• Maintaining service standards
• Managing beverage stock and cost control effectively
• Keeping all health, safety and cleanliness standards to the highest level
• Serving guests both promptly and professionally
• Handling cash and banking procedures
This position has excellent progression opportunities within The Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry.
The ideal candidate for the Bar Manager position should:
• Have previous experience in a similar role or as an Assistant Bar Manager
• Have excellent knowledge of spirits, beers, cocktails and coffee
• Communicate effectively in English
• Have a friendly, bubbly and proactive attitude
• Be able to work under pressure
You will be the host/ess of the department so you must have a winning personality and ensure you are leading by example at all times.
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection Benefits include:
• 28 paid holidays per annum inclusive of bank holidays, which increases with years of service
• Complimentary dry cleaning of business attire
• Complimentary meals on duty
• Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection and The Travel Corporation
• Season ticket loan after 6 months service
• Salary exchange schemes, such as childcare vouchers and cycle-to-work scheme
• Professional training and development opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programme
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection provides an opportunity for long-term career prospects and is recognised as number 8 of the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For 2014. As a result we can confidently promise you will reach your full career potential! We are also proud to be recognised with a Gold Standard Award Investors in People - the first company to gain this award on a worldwide basis.