The Chesterfield Mayfair works with Springboard, a UK charity that promotes hospitality, leisure and tourism as a great industry to work in and provides specialist services to businesses to attract talent and support HR and CSR priorities. Through two of their initiatives, INSPIRE and CareerScope Taster Days within the hospitality industry are organised to give young people an opportunity to see what working in the industry really like.
Attendees get the opportunity to take part in a number of activities:
- Visiting different departments within the hotel
- Special demonstrations of skilled work (e.g. bar and restaurant, house-keeping, maintenance etc…)
- Hear what it is like to work within hospitality
- Careers advice and guidance workshops
- The opportunity to speak to people working within the industry
- Job demos and activities
Work Experience that’s worth doing - #Get Inspired!