Tom Coleman, a longstanding pastry chef at The Chesterfield Mayfair, has shared with us his recipe for chocolate scones, a British tradition with a whimsical twist.
If you enjoyed making this recipe, please share your photos with us on Instagram, tagging @ChesterfieldMayfair.
- 450g flour (sieved)
- 50g baking powder
- 100g butter
- ½ pint milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100g caster sugar
- Handful of chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Rub in the butter with your fingers.
- Add the milk, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips in small batches before gently bringing the mixture together by hand into a round ball.
- Roll out the mixture to a 1 - 2cm thickness and cut out using 5cm cutters (a cup or mug will work if you don't have cutters).
- Bake at 200°C (400F) for approximately 10 minutes.
Enjoy your scones with jam and fresh cream, the perfect afternoon treat.
For more recipe ideas, check out our at home blogs for inspiration.